Projects, References & Customers
Projects & References
WALENBERG Rail Assessment has been involved in many evaluation, assessment and certification projects in the past and also in a number of important European Studies. Some examples:
- Co-ordination of assessment, certification and authorization for the Dutch High Speed line HSL-South
- Assessments of components (interoperability constituents) for ERTMS/ETCS track side and on board equipment
- Evaluation of the first set of high speed TSIs for the European Commission
- Assessments of specific applications of ETCS on board assemblies for application on the Dutch BetuweRoute freight line and Havenspoorlijn
- Assessment of Track-Train Integration for different ETCS applications
- Study into the progress of interoperability in Europe for the European Commission, establishing the basis for the current European interest for railway integration
- Study into the progress of ERTMS/ETCS and the safety assessment methods applied in a number of European ERTMS/ETCS projects for the European Railway Agency
- Study into the national safety rules of Member States for the European Railway Agency
- Support to the Latvian and Estonian Governments for the introduction of European legislation, European railway standards and conformity assessment
- Audits and peer reviews in Croatia, Serbia and Macedonia to check the progress in the
application of European railway legislation
- Support to Eastern European SEETO project for the European Commission
Most recent Projects
- Establish the EMC Compatibility Case for international trains running between Danmark and Germany
- Study into the risk of transforming diesel driven maintenance vehicles into battery powered vehicles. Development of a preliminary requirements specification.
- Establish the EMC Compatibilty Case for international trains, running in Germany, The Netherlands, Austria and in Switzerland to Basel.
- Support to the manufacturer of electrical drives in establshing the EMC Compatibility Case for an international locomotive.
- Development of a plan for the re-authorization of several series of vehicles after upgrade and retro-fitting with ERTMS/ETCS Baseline 3 OBU's.
- Development of plans for the re-authorization of the Dutch highspeedline HSL South after placing wind screens on the bridge over the Hollands Diep and replacement of noise barriers on parts of the line
- Development of a "Toolbox" for authorization and safe integration of vehicles, that collects all best practices to control the risks in the certification, authorization and safe integration processes
- Support to the Dutch Railways as authorization manager in several rolling stock projects, controlling the risks of the certification, authorization and safe integration processes
- Perform audits on behalf of Belgian and German accreditation Bodies in the area of safety, CSM-REA assessment, CCS-O, CCS-T and RST subsystems
- Study for the use of push-pull trains on the Dutch High Speed Line HSL-South for HSA
- Support for the Belgian Infrastructure Manager INFRABEL for the development of ETCS Level 2 applications under a framework contract with the Belgian company TUCRAIL
Services provided by WALENBERG Rail Assessment include:
The certification, authorization and safe integration of railway subsystems is a complex activity, that still causes project risks. The introduction of the fourth railway package in 2016 is now slowly moving forward, however this change adds to the risk.
Based on it long experience in the railway market and in particular in the area of safety assessment, certification, vehicle authorization and safe integration WALENBERG Rail Assessment has developed "Authorization Management" as a special service to its customers. "Authorization Management" offers a complete package of activities that aims at controlling the risk of the whole process of authorization.
Partners and Associates
WALENBERG Rail Assessment is recognized by the French Notified Body organization CERTIFER as Co-ordinator/Evaluator in the area of application of signalling systems, information systems, electronic on-board safety systems, information and electronic way side safety systems, functional safety, safety assessment processes and architecture of electronic safety systems.
WALENBERG Rail Assessment supports accreditation bodies in Belgium and Germany in the accreditation audits
WALENBERG Rail Assessment seeks co-operation with other expert organisations and individual experts. In the area of ERTMS, safety approvals, CSM-REA approvals and rolling stock certification and authorization management WALENBERG Rail Assessment has been working and is working on large or small projects like the ERTMS level 2 project in Belgium and the authorization of series of new trains in the Netherlands.